My photo
I am not a good writer but I love to share my experience and learning's through writings.I am not confident with my grammar however I wrote it in English to share my page fair to all readers online.I try to make my post simple and easy to understand. God Bless to all readers and bloggers!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Protect Yourself from Phising

Everybody knows that there are lots of scam online.Why scamming still happened? There  are advisory, clips , journals,blogs etc. that warned about online scam however there are different ways of scamming. Those people are like inventor of gadgets.The newest invention sales more!
I have read an advisory from UNION BANK.I share this because most bloggers use EON card.
How can we protect ourselves from phising? Let me define first What is Phising.
What is Phising?
Phishing is a way of attempting to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Communications purporting to be from popular social web sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT administrators are commonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail spoofingor instant messaging, and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one. 


Bank Advisory:
As an Internet user, you should know about phishing emails. They can appear to be from a well-known company but may put you at risk. 
A phishing email generally asks you to click a link in the email and provide, update or confirm sensitive personal information. It may refer to a supposedly urgent or threatening condition concerning your account. 
Please note that UnionBank will never send you an email asking for your personal information. You should NOT respond to such email or reveal your PIN or PASSWORD to anyone. Also, Do NOT visit the phishing site, as it is likely to contain a virus or otherwise compromise your confidential information. 
For questions about phishing, suspicious emails, or concerns on the security of your account, please call our 24-hour Customer Support at 8418600.

No comments:

Post a Comment