My photo
I am not a good writer but I love to share my experience and learning's through writings.I am not confident with my grammar however I wrote it in English to share my page fair to all readers online.I try to make my post simple and easy to understand. God Bless to all readers and bloggers!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What Kind of Therapist is Right for me

I feel pain in my left arm.I do not know what happen  as it suddenly ache when I try to twist or left an object.I told hubby to massage my arm but still I can feel the pain.I drop the object I am holding.When, I had my last visit to my OB I ask her if  it is  fine for me  to have a therapy in my arm.She told me "Yes" provided no medicine should I intake.I forgot to ask what kind of therapist should I go. A physical therapist or massage therapist? I am  confused the function of  the two so I tried to look up the difference of their job.

Massage therapist :focus on the manipulation of body tissues by manual methods to assist the body in its natural processes of pain reduction,improved health and well-being , stress reduction and healing trauma.

Physical therapist : uses equipment and apparatus to facilitate the rehabilitation of specific physical injury to the body and measures its progress.

Now, it is clear to me where should I go to relieve the pain of my left arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment