- I am not a good writer but I love to share my experience and learning's through writings.I am not confident with my grammar however I wrote it in English to share my page fair to all readers online.I try to make my post simple and easy to understand. God Bless to all readers and bloggers!
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Brazo de Mercedes
This is my weekend recipe to cook for my family.Hubby always ask me every Friday about my weekend recipe as we seldom go to the mall and eat in the restaurant every weekend.We can save money if I baked and we eat in the house every Sunday.
5 cups milk
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 egg yolks
1/4 cup toasted and finely ground
1.In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until reduced to 2 cups.
2. Add suger, butter and vanilla extract, stirring all the while. Remove from heat.
3. Beat egg yolks in mixing bowl. To egg yolks, gradually add milk mixture by spoonfuls, beating all the while. Stir well to avoid curdling.
4.Add cashew nuts and continue cooking entire mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has consistency of a paste.
10 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff.
3. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating continuously. Stir in vanilla.
4. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper greased with butter and spread meringue on top.
5. Bake until brown. Spread filling evenly on top of meringue and roll into a log.
6. Brush with butter and brown again in oven.